Suitable for anyone who fits abrasive wheels to work equipment or uses work equipment fitted with abrasive wheels should take this course to comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, 1998, and the Heath and Safety at Work Act, 1974.
• Employer’s and employee’s legal responsibilities
• Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
• Methods of marking abrasive wheels
• Methods of storage, handling and transportation
• Testing and inspection
• Methods of mounting on equipment
• Method of dressing wheels
• Compounds used in manufacture
• Accident statistics
Candidates will take a short written test, and receive a course handout summarising the topics covered. Successful candidates will receive a certificate of competence. £115.00 plus VAT per person for a half day course.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on available locations and dates for classroom based training.