This course gives candidates an in depth knowledge of harnesses and their use. It will enable candidates to select, inspect and use harnesses correctly, whether for general use or for use with Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPS). If the candidate already has an IPAF licence for MEWPS this qualification can be added to the licence.
• Employer’s and employee’s legal responsibilities
• MEWPs and harnesses
• Hierarchy of measures for hazard avoidance
• Choice of harness and lanyard
• Testing of harnesses by manufacturer
• Pre use checks and correct usage
• Safe working loads & limitations
• Rescue situations
• Keeping of records
Candidates will take a short written test. A separate harness licence is not issued by IPAF, but successful candidates will have the harness qualification added to their existing IPAF licence. The licence is internationally accepted. £145.00 plus VAT per person for a half day course.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on available locations and dates for classroom based training.