PV System Installation Project
The PV installation contractor appointed Innovatus Safety as project manager and the health and safety consultant for this project, based in the Midlands.
As a high-risk project, due to working at height within a working environment, Innovatus Safety quickly established strategies to communicate the company ethos and policies and procedures for health and safety to the site team. A series of workshops were delivered and an open door policy on site allowed the site team to be engaged and proactive in sharing ideas and highlighting any concerns.
In order to successfully project manage the installation Innovatus Safety was also key in managing the supply chain, influencing the working partnership and building a mutual trust.
Over 11,000 PV panels were installed at height with zero reportable accidents and incidents over the ten week duration of the project.
- Total installed capacity of the PV system was 1.3MW
- With over 900,000KW hours being generated the system provides 30% of the facilities required electricity
- Over 15,000 manhours
- 35 miles of cables installed
- Over 400 roof lights protected during installation
- 9 crane managed safely
- 300 vehicles entering and exiting daily as the site continued normal working environment
- Zero reportable accidents or incidents